First Wednesday of the month, 7:00 PM - 8:15 PM
We've been going through the Westminster Larger Catechism's section on prayer.
"Prayer is surrender—surrender to the will of God in cooperation with that will. If I throw out a boat hook from the boat and catch a hold of the shore and pull, do I pull the shore to me, or do I pull myself to the shore? Prayer is not pulling God to my will but the aligning of my will to the will of God."
– E. Stanley Jones, The Song of Ascents
- What is prayer?
- Should we pray only to God?
- What’s the significance of praying in Christ’s name?
- Why must we pray in the name of Christ?
- How does the Spirit help us to pray?
- For whom should we pray?
- For what should we pray?
- How should we pray?
- How does God direct us to pray?
- How should we use the Lord’s prayer?
- How many parts does the Lord’s prayer have?
- What does the opening of the Lord’s prayer teach us?
- For what do we pray in the first request?